It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functional is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out over time and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re likely in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Malibu, we’ve made this article content to help you do it without help and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first section, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Malibu and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Malibu is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the safety features of your Chevrolet Malibu. In reality, you are mostly in a rush and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is consequently relevant to take the time to in some cases examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Malibu, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple options to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet Malibu, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first procedure shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to do this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Malibu
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Malibu? Please note that this technique is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Malibu. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article content. On the other hand, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to conduct this act accurately dependant on the solution you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Malibu through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chevrolet Malibu by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chevrolet Malibu on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Chevrolet Malibu following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Malibu through the wheel arch:
This process is in particular useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Malibu through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them now:
If you have any additional questions about the Chevrolet Malibu, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Malibu category.