Most recent cars necessitate always more maintenance, on the other hand, there are some more or less fundamental ones. Today, we will concentrate on a maintenance process that is fundamental to ensure your safety at the wheel of your car. Indeed, we are gonna explain to you how to replace the brake pads of your car in a Opel Mokka? To do so , in a first step, we are going to find out why it is fundamental to replace the brake pads of your car, in a second part, we are going to find out what is the methodology to replace the brake pads of your Opel Mokka, and finally, what is the price of this component.
For what reason changing the brake pads from my Opel Mokka?
Before we find out how to replace the brake pads of your car, we will begin our article by describing you what the function of the brake pads is, and when they should be changed.
Role of the brake pads on Opel Mokka
The brake pads on an vehicle have a imperative function in the proper handling of your Opel Mokka. Indeed, they are the ones that will ensure braking performance. They are a sort of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Opel Mokka. These auto parts are consumables and consist of a lining that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of replacing them on a regular basis to maintain maximum braking.
When to replace the brake pads of your Opel Mokka?
And right now we will explain to you how to know if you have to replace the brake pads of your Opel Mokka. Take note that depending on the employ you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. Indeed, if you use your brakes regularly, their lifespan will inevitably be decreased. We consider that, in general, the brake pads of a vehicle have a longevity of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. On the other hand, there are specified symptoms that should alert you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, check our article on brake vibration on Opel Mokka, to locate the cause of your trouble.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these signals, do not hesitate to examine the state of your brake pads yourself, either by taking out the front wheels and checking their state, or by going directly to a mechanic.
How to replace the brake pads of my Opel Mokka?
We will now go forward to the section you are most intrigued by, how to replace the brake pads from your Opel Mokka?. Below we will explain the basic steps to stick to to replace the brake pads of your car correctly:
- Purchase brake pads designed to your Opel Mokka, to achieve this use your car registration to be sure of compatibility with your vehicle when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being careful to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Take out the wheels in question.
- Before taking out the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to totally retract the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- Generally, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to replace the brake pads of your car and thus be able to remove the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take out the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take out the two old pads and swap them with the brand-new brake pads.
- Be certain they are in the perfect placement before you re-install the brake calipers on your Opel Mokka.
- Make sure to finish locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, think that brake pads necessitate a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very carefully the first 100km and be careful until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to replace the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Opel Mokka?
At last, last section of our article on the operation to replace the brake pads of your Opel Mokka. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. Based on the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also vary, on the other hand, in most cases it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specific online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The benefit of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a car center or specialized shops you should be able to find the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Opel Mokka, do not hesitate to consult our Opel Mokka category.