Your car’s handbrake is actually a required protection feature according to the highway code, in fact , it aims to end your Kia Venga, even on the slight incline. It must be independent of the main brake system controls. It will be possible that as time passes the cable system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will not pass the technical control or you may possibly feel that it truly is no longer stopping your car. To deal with these complications, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Kia Venga . To get this done, first we will see the adjustment of your manual handbrake on Kia Venga , then simply, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and then the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Kia Venga?
So we start off our document with the hand brake adjustment of a Kia Venga in its manual version. This kind of version works in a basic way having a system of cable and anchoring screws that allow you to control the tension from the device and thus to modify the stroke from the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you must act on these screws in order to stretch out the handbrake cable of the Kia Venga . In any case, prior to adjusting the hand brake, you must make sure that your rear end wheels aren’t blocked during the adjustment. Please find below the detailed method to carry out this intervention:
- With the level of your handbrake, remove the plastic console that protects it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once done, you should discover a trapdoor in your handbrake, open it to see the screw and cable system.
- You will need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to replace the cable stress.
- Now screw on the locking mechanism nuts in both sides, make certain to make the same changes upon both sides to keep a balanced braking, and make sure that the hand brake handle of your Kia Venga has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten the locknuts and test the fastening of the rims of your car, if it’s great you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten again the tightening anchoring screws until you get a great ideal setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the Kia Venga, the adjustment will be precisely the same however it will be done by passing underneath your car at the level of your handbrake handle. Make sure you put your car on the stand prior to any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my personal Kia Venga?
Second approach to handbrake adjustment in Kia Venga , this is an automatic handbrake, not like the manual one, this place is done upon the brake drums or perhaps calipers, and is designed to change automatically towards the wear of the brake shoes or brake pads. It may be that if you soon have to get brake pads, your handbrake will lose power, listed below are the steps for taking to verify if the strain of your handbrake is the right one:
- Be aware that an automatic handbrake cannot be adjusted directly because it is likely to adapt themselves to the don of the brake pads or pads of your Kia Venga.
- You can even now verify that the system is functioning correctly by putting the automobile on the stand and looking at by driving under the motor vehicle that the brake pads are still in good working order.
- For drum brakes it will probably be necessary to disassemble the tires to verify your the shoes, we recommend you to have it completed by a professional.
- Remember to replace your brake pads if you need to.
What is the cost of adjusting the handbrake of Kia Venga by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, specifically since it questions a security element of your car, namely the adjustment from the handbrake of the Kia Venga , we give you advice to go to a auto technician who are able to adjust your handbrake for the about fifty euros . If you have problems with vibrations when braking on Kia Venga, do not wait to refer to our document which refers to this problem.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Kia Venga, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Venga category.