Your car’s handbrake is a obligatory protection feature according to the highway code, in fact , it aims to end your Fiat Doblo, even on the slight slope. It must be independent of the main brake controls. It is possible that over time the wire system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will not really pass the technical control or you may feel that it really is no longer blocking your car. To address these concerns, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Fiat Doblo . To do this, first we will see the adjustment of a manual handbrake on Fiat Doblo , in that case, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and lastly the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Fiat Doblo?
Therefore we start off our content with the hand brake adjustment of a Fiat Doblo in its manual version. This kind of version works in a basic way using a system of wire and screws that allow you to control the tension from the device and so to modify the stroke from the lever of your handbrake. To act on it you will have to act on these types of screws to be able to stretch the handbrake cable of your Fiat Doblo . In any case, ahead of adjusting the hand brake, you must make sure that your rear end wheels are not blocked during the adjustment. Make sure you find below the detailed process to carry out this intervention:
- At the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once performed, you should discover a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it to see the screw and wire system.
- You need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench to allow you to change the cable pressure.
- Now screw on the locking mechanism nuts in both sides, make sure you make the exact changes upon both sides to keep a balanced brake, and make sure that the hand brake lever of your Fiat Doblo has a stroke of about 3 notches.
- Tighten the locknuts and check the fastening of the rims of your car, if it’s very good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten again the tightening screws until you get a great ideal setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of your Fiat Doblo, the adjustment will be precisely the same but it surely will be done by passing below your car with the level of the handbrake lever. Make sure you put your car on the stand ahead of any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my Fiat Doblo?
Second approach to handbrake adjustment in Fiat Doblo , this is an automatic handbrake, contrary to the manual one, this one is done directly on the brake drums or calipers, and is supposed to adjust automatically to the wear of your brake shoes or disc brake pads. It may be that if you soon have to get brake pads, the handbrake will lose power, allow me to share the steps to take to check if the strain of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Bear in mind that an automatic handbrake cannot be modified straight because it is purported to adapt itself to the put on of the disc brake pads or shoes of your Fiat Doblo.
- You can nonetheless check that the system is operating properly by simply putting the automobile on the stand and checking out by driving under the car that the brake pads are still in good functioning order.
- For drum brakes it will probably be necessary to take apart the tires to check the state of the shoes, all of us encourage you to have it achieved by a professional.
- Remember to change your disc brake pads if you need to.
What is the price of adjusting the handbrake of Fiat Doblo by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, specifically since it fears a security element of your car, namely the adjustment from the handbrake of your Fiat Doblo , we give you advice to go to a repair shop who can adjust the handbrake for your about fifty euros . If you have problems with vibrations when braking on Fiat Doblo, do not hesitate to consult our content which deals with this issue.
If you need more tutorials on the Fiat Doblo, go to our Fiat Doblo category.