Your car’s handbrake is actually a mandatory basic safety feature according to the highway code, in fact , it aims to end your Citroen Cactus, even over a slight slope. It must be independent of the main brake system controls. It will be possible that with time the cable system of the hand brake will relax and you will certainly not pass the technical control or you may feel that it truly is no longer stopping your car. To deal with these complications, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Citroen Cactus . To accomplish this, first we will see the adjustment of your manual handbrake on Citroen Cactus , in that case, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and finally the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Citroen Cactus?
Thus we start out our article with the hand brake adjustment of a Citroen Cactus in its manual version. This kind of version works in a basic way having a system of cable and anchoring screws that allow you to control the tension in the device and thus to modify the stroke in the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you must act on these types of screws in order to stretch the handbrake cable of the Citroen Cactus . In any case, ahead of adjusting the hand brake, you must check that your rear end wheels are certainly not blocked through the adjustment. Make sure you find under the detailed procedure to carry out this kind of intervention:
- With the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that protects it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once carried out, you should see a trapdoor in your handbrake, open it up to see the screw and cable system.
- You need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to change the cable stress.
- Now screw on the locking mechanism nuts about both sides, make sure you make the comparable changes upon both sides to hold a balanced brake, and check that the hand brake lever of your Citroen Cactus has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten the locknuts and test out the locking of the tires of your car, if it’s very good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten again the tightening anchoring screws until you get an optimum configuration
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the Citroen Cactus, the adjustment will probably be exactly the same however it will be done by passing below your car in the level of the handbrake lever. Be sure to put your car on the stand ahead of any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my own Citroen Cactus?
Second approach to handbrake adjustment about Citroen Cactus , this is an automatic handbrake, as opposed to the manual one, this place is done upon the brake drums or perhaps calipers, and it is meant to change automatically to the wear of the brake shoes or brake pads. It may be that if you soon have to buy brake pads, the handbrake will suffer power, allow me to share the steps to consider to verify if the strain of your handbrake is the right one:
- Take note that an automatic handbrake can not be modified directly because it is supposed to adapt alone to the don of the brake pads or pads of your Citroen Cactus.
- You can nonetheless verify that the system is functioning effectively by putting your vehicle on the stand and checking out by driving under the vehicle that the pads are still in good performing order.
- For drum brakes will probably be required to disassemble the brake systems to verify the state of the shoes, we advise you to have it done by a professional.
- Remember to replace your brake pads if you need to.
What is the price of adjusting the handbrake of Citroen Cactus by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, especially since it fears a safety element of your car, namely the adjustment in the handbrake of the Citroen Cactus , we advise you to go to a technician that can adjust the handbrake for a about fifty local currency . If you have problems with vibrations when braking on Citroen Cactus, do not wait to refer to our article which refers to this issue.
To get more tips on the Citroen Cactus, take a look at the Citroen Cactus category.