Regardless you feel you can’t see as well through the night, regardless you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these situations, there’s only one component of your automobile to blame – your low beams. Although this adjustment may seem easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a complete adjustment is much more complex than this common realignment, and in this content page, we will find out how to adjust the low beam lights of your Ram ProMaster? For this, first we will find out why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Ram ProMaster.
Why set the low beam lights of your Ram ProMaster?
So let’s begin our content page with the benefit of adjusting the low beam lights of your Ram ProMaster. For most people these lights are sufficiently adjusted, and it seems that they light up enough at night. Sadly this is not necessarily the case and verifying this setting, either because the low beams of your Ram ProMaster are not lighting up well, or because you have the sense that they are too low or too strong is a good option .
Adjusting the low beam of your Ram ProMaster for security is a good option.
To start, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Ram ProMaster must be done for a elementary security cause. Regardless it’s for you, or for the other drivers you encounter during your night journeys. In fact, if you don’t see enough, the real danger is to miss an obstacle on the route, or to predict a curve badly. On the other hand, if your lights are too strong, you risk dazzling the drivers in front of you, and thus putting yourself in danger. It is subsequently imperative for others as well as for you to have an optimal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Ram ProMaster for law reasons
Furthermore to security, there is a law that supervises the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at minimum , 30 meters. Another regulation supervises their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the floor, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Ram ProMaster?
We will now go forward to the section that concerns you the most in this content page, how to adjust the low beams of his Ram ProMaster? This setting may seem a bit complex, but if you stick to the guidelines you should be able to do it without too much difficulty.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Ram ProMaster
First of all, you will need to set up your automobile to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to put in place:
- Place your automobile on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Verify your tire pressure cautiously.
- Verify that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all needless weight from the automobile, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Ram ProMaster
Once your automobile is in place, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then step back your automobile up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the task here are the guidelines to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, situate the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Ram ProMaster (they are usually marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side controls the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or something else to hide the light on which you are not making the correction.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal correction, you should have the most powerful part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical modification, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once carried out, check that the low beam setting of your Ram ProMaster is consistent on the road, do not hesitate to check that it has been driven, on occasion it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Ram ProMaster, please browse our content page on this subject.
If you wish more tutorials on the Ram ProMaster, go to our Ram ProMaster category.