Regardless whether you feel you can’t see good enough after dark, regardless you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these circumstances, there’s only one component of your car to blame – your low beams. Although this adjustment may seem to be simple thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a whole adjustment is much more complex than this simple manipulation, and in this article, we will discover how to adjust the low beam lights of your Kia Soul? For this, first of all we will discover why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Kia Soul.
Why adjust the low beam lights of your Kia Soul?
So let’s commence our article with the benefit of adjusting the low beam lights of your Kia Soul. For the majority of us these lights are good enough adjusted, and it seems that they light up enough at night. Sadly this is not necessarily the case and checking this setting, either because the low beams of your Kia Soul are not lighting up well, or because you have the feeling that they are too low or too powerful is a wise decision .
Adjusting the low beam of your Kia Soul for security is a wise decision.
Firstly, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Kia Soul must be done for a ordinary security cause. Regardless it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night trips. In fact, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to miss an obstacle on the road, or to anticipate a curve badly. On the flip side, if your lights are too powerful, you risk dazzling the car owners in front of you, and thus putting yourself in danger. It is subsequently fundamental for others as well as for you to have an ideal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Kia Soul for legal justifications
Furthermore to security, there is a law that supervises the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that light up at minimum , 30 meters. Another law supervises their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the ground, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Kia Soul?
We will now move on to the part that concerns you the more in this article, how to adjust the low beams of his Kia Soul? This setting may appear a bit complicated, but if you stick to the guidelines you should be able to do it without too much issue.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Kia Soul
First of all, you will need to set up your car to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to apply:
- Place your car on a area in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Check your tire pressure cautiously.
- Check that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all needless weight from the car, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Kia Soul
Once your car is in position, you will switch on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then step back your car up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the process here are the steps to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, identify the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Kia Soul (they are almost always marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side controls the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or some thing else to hide the light on which you are not making the adjustment.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal adjustment, you should have the most strong part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical adjustment, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once done, examine that the low beam setting of your Kia Soul is consistent on the road, do not be reluctant to examine that it has been driven, sometimes it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Kia Soul, please examine our article on this subject.
To get more tips on the Kia Soul, take a look at the Kia Soul category.