Regardless you feel you can’t see as well after dark, regardless whether you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these occasions, there’s only one component of your motor vehicle to blame – your low beams. Despite the fact this correction may appear simple thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a complete correction is much more complicated than this basic manipulation, and in this article content, we will find out how to adjust the low beam lights of your Audi Q3? For this, first of all we will find out why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Audi Q3.
Why set the low beam lights of your Audi Q3?
So let’s begin our article content with the benefit of adjusting the low beam lights of your Audi Q3. For most of us these lights are sufficiently adjusted, and it seems that they light up enough at night. Unfortunately this is not constantly the case and checking out this setting, either because the low beams of your Audi Q3 are not illuminating well, or because you have the feeling that they are too low or too strong is a good option .
Adjusting the low beam of your Audi Q3 for safety is a good option.
To start, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Audi Q3 must be done for a ordinary safety purpose. It doesn’t matter if it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night journeys. In reality, if you don’t see enough, the real danger is to fail to see an obstacle on the route, or to anticipate a curve badly. On the flip side, if your lights are too strong, you risk dazzling the drivers in front of you, and thus putting yourself at risk. It is consequently imperative for others as well as for you to have an ideal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Audi Q3 for law justifications
Furthermore to safety, there is a law that regulates the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at minimum , 30 meters. Another law regulates their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the floor, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Audi Q3?
We will now go forward to the section that concerns you the more in this article content, how to adjust the low beams of his Audi Q3? This setting may appear a bit difficult, but if you stick to the guidelines you should be able to do it without too much problem.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Audi Q3
To start, you will need to prepare your motor vehicle to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to apply:
- Place your motor vehicle on a floor in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Examine your tire pressure cautiously.
- Examine that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unnecessary weight from the motor vehicle, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Audi Q3
Once your motor vehicle is set up, you will switch on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then move back your motor vehicle up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the operation here are the basic steps to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, identify the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Audi Q3 (they are usually marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side controls the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or some thing else to hide the light on which you are not making the correction.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal correction, you should have the most intense part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical modification, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once carried out, examine that the low beam setting of your Audi Q3 is consistent on the road, do not hesitate to examine that it has been driven, on occasion it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Audi Q3, please browse our article content on this subject.
If you have any additional questions about the Audi Q3, do not hesitate to consult our Audi Q3 category.