Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, most commonly, we kind of enjoy having fog lights on your motor vehicle. Even so, they can once in a while be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s why we had written this article to explain to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Nissan Micra 4?. To achieve this, first, we will discover what is the reason of adjusting the fog lights of his car, then, in an additional section, how to adjust the fog lights of your Nissan Micra 4.
Why is it necessary to adjust the front fog lights of your Nissan Micra 4?
So we will begin our article with the interest of setting the fog lights to Nissan Micra 4. Even though some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This equipment, which is not mandatory on an Nissan Micra 4, allows you to greatly improve your visibility. However, it is exclusively permitted outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Nissan Micra 4 allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they give. In addition, fog lights that are not correctly adjusted will surely disturb the drivers you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore necessary, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights correctly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Nissan Micra 4?
Now let’s go forward to the portion you’re probably most considering in this article, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Nissan Micra 4? Now that you have realized the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is particularly easy, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your car, verify the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Nissan Micra 4.
- Place your car on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Nissan Micra 4), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Nissan Micra 4 and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this point, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them quickly, they will be more or less reachable determined by the year and the options of your Nissan Micra 4)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Nissan Micra 4, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to consult our article on how to adjust the low beam lights on Nissan Micra 4 if you want to verify their lighting level.
If you want more tutorials on the Nissan Micra 4, go to our Nissan Micra 4 category.