Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, in general, you appreciate having fog lights on your vehicle. But, they can occasionally be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are too high or too low. That’s why we composed this short post to explain to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Infiniti QX70?. To accomplish this, first, we will see what is the benefit of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in another step, how to adjust the fog lights of your Infiniti QX70.
Why is it important to adjust the front fog lights of your Infiniti QX70?
So we will commence our short post with the benefit of setting the fog lights to Infiniti QX70. Even though some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This equipment, which is not mandatory on an Infiniti QX70, permits you to greatly enhance your visibility. However, it is only permitted outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Infiniti QX70 allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they give. In addition, fog lights that are not correctly adjusted will inevitably bother the drivers you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore fundamental, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Infiniti QX70?
Now let’s go forward to the portion you’re probably most focused on in this short post, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Infiniti QX70? Now that you have understood the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is really basic, here are a few things to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, check the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Infiniti QX70.
- Place your vehicle on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Infiniti QX70), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Infiniti QX70 and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this mark, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them quickly, they will be more or less reachable according to the year and the options of your Infiniti QX70)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Infiniti QX70, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to consult our short post on how to adjust the low beam lights on Infiniti QX70 if you want to check their lighting level.
If you wish more guides on the Infiniti QX70, go to our Infiniti QX70 category.