Whether there are showers, foggy or snowing, most commonly, we are happy having fog lights on your car. Nevertheless, they can occasionally be out of adjustment or you may find that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s the reasons we composed this content page to teach you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Chevrolet Captiva?. To get this done, first, we will see what is the purpose of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in an additional part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Chevrolet Captiva.
Why is it necessary to adjust the front fog lights of your Chevrolet Captiva?
So we will start our content page with the importance of setting the fog lights to Chevrolet Captiva. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not obligatory on an Chevrolet Captiva, permits you to greatly improve your visibility. However, it is only allowed outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Chevrolet Captiva allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they give. In addition, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will undoubtedly affect the drivers you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore crucial, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Chevrolet Captiva?
Now let’s move on to the portion you’re almost certainly most focused on in this content page, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Chevrolet Captiva? Now that you have realized the interest of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is really simple, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, verify the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Chevrolet Captiva.
- Place your automobile on a flat floor with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Chevrolet Captiva), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Chevrolet Captiva and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this point, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally found above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less reachable determined by the year and the options of your Chevrolet Captiva)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Chevrolet Captiva, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t be reluctant to consult our content page on how to adjust the low beam lights on Chevrolet Captiva if you want to verify their lighting level.
If you want more tutorials on the Chevrolet Captiva, go to our Chevrolet Captiva category.