In this post, we want to support you get rid of all the issues you may encounter about your car’s rims. And, especially, how to remove the rim of a Fiat Ducato? Whether you need to change a flat tire, or you need to change your tires, you will learn all the necessary infos on this page. To do this, we’ll see first how to remove the tire from a car rim, then, in a second step, how to remove a stuck rim on a Fiat Ducato, then, how to remove flat rim from its Fiat Ducato to put the spare tire, and, at last, how to unblock the stuck nuts of a rim.
How to remove the tire from the rim of a Fiat Ducato?
So we start our article by telling you how to change a car tire. You maybe
bought your tire on a website, however it is quite difficult to manage to find professionals, car centers that will agree to mount tires of your Fiat Ducatobought in a different place than in their commercial enterprise. The question of seeking to mount them yourself is therefore more than legitimate.
It is technically possible with a lot of force and a crowbar to change the tires of your Fiat Ducato on your own, however, regardless if you succed to take off both sidewalls of the tire, to loosen it, and to put the new tire back on, you won’t be able to balance the tire without the specific machine, if you don’t do it, your tires will loose a lot of lifetime. Bear in mind that oftentimes the installation and balancing price ranges only about twenty euros. In the event that you want to buy tyres on websites to take advantage of a better selling price, take a good look, many of sellers offer the fitting at a partner car centre totally free.
How to remove a rim stuck to its hub on a Fiat Ducato?
We now move on to the part you are most certainly most curious about, namely, how to remove the rim of a Fiat Ducato stuck to its hub, and more precisely, the rather basic case of a rim that hasn’t been removed for several years and that because of rust stuck to the hub of your wheel. In reality, it occurs to many motorists to find themselves in this circumstance and not knowing how to proceed. This can be extremely annoying if it turns out you have a flat tire and need to change the rim on your Fiat Ducato. Here are the different solutions available to you:
- In the case you have some on hand, after lifting your car, and if possible on candles, and then getting rid of the rim nuts, use some anti-seize agent which you put in right into the holes of the nuts and leave it to work for approximately ten minutes. Following that, try again to remove the rim from your Fiat Ducato.
- Use power : Even though it is rarely the best alternative, in this kind of case you are facing solid pieces that do not risk much, and with the help of a mallet and a wooden wedge you can hit the side of the rim of your Fiat Ducato and this might unlock it and allow you to remove it.
- Baste the junction between your rim of rust proof hub and wait some hours before attempting to unblock it once again.
How to remove the rim of a Fiat Ducato to change its flat tire and replace it with the spare wheel?
We are at the moment going to teach you you the most traditional process but that everybody doesn’t know, how to remove the rim from its place if you have a puncture tyre and you want to change it by the spare wheel? This method is not complicated, here are the several steps to follow:
- Stay out of traffic so as not to put at risk yourself.
- Set your Fiat Ducato on a flat surface.
- Engage the parking brake and shift into first gear.
- If it turns out you don’t know where the jack of your Fiat Ducato is, don’t hesitate to have look at our article to learn you where is it located.
- Before lifting your car, unlock the rim nuts to ensure that you won’t give too much stress to your transmission before lifting it
- Lift up your Fiat Ducato with the jack and end unscrewing the rim nuts of your motor vehicle.
- Remove the flat tire of your Fiat Ducato.
- Put on the spare wheel, position the nuts, tighten them all by hand, in a balanced way before putting the car back on the road.
- End tightening the nuts with the socket wrench
How do you remove the stuck nuts from the rim of a Fiat Ducato?
To finish, it could happen that to remove the rim of your Fiat Ducato you have to deal with stuck nuts. In this case, you will have pretty much the same solutions for the case of a rim stuck against the wheel hub. The best option will be to use anti-rust lubricant or anti-rust lubricant and let it work for a bit of time before unlocking the nuts. Another possibility, search for, some exist on batteries of electric shock wrenches they release a much higher torque than your arm plus the socket wrench, and will help you to unlock the nuts.
If you have any further questions about the Fiat Ducato, do not hesitate to consult our Fiat Ducato category.