Car mirrors are one of the most important security features that you need to constantly ensure are functioning correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other road users and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning mirror. This is the case that interests us on this page, you have experienced a collision, one of your mirrors is damaged and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Peugeot 407? You are at the right place, we will outline all the procedures to help you replace it correctly. To begin, we’ll take a look at what attracts you in this article, how to change a complete side mirror on your Peugeot 407, and then how to replace only the mirror glass.
How to replace a complete side mirror on my Peugeot 407?
Let’s go, we begin this guide with the part that likely appeal you the most, how to replace a side mirror on my Peugeot 407? This operation is quite easy and you should be capable to do it without help with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is in most cases clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. To finish, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in general there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to let you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Peugeot 407. Make sure you keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will just have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to replace the side mirror of your Peugeot 407, you see it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just replace the window of the side mirror of my Peugeot 407?
If perhaps you simply need to replace the window of the side mirror of your Peugeot 407, you will initially need to discern the sort of locking of your mirror. To accomplish this, the simplest strategy is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you need to replace the side mirror glass of your Peugeot 407 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the most simple unit to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same and push it back into place with force. To check that it is perfectly situated, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to replace the side mirror glass of your Peugeot 407 you will have to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure you keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one included it with your new window, change it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the case of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and carefully push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well situated by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Peugeot 407, generally it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you less difficult access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the mechanism.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is perfectly placed.
If you wish more tutorials on the Peugeot 407, go to our Peugeot 407 category.