Vehicle mirrors are one of the most essential safety features that you need to perpetually ensure are working correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a defective mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on on this page, you have suffered a crash, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Kia Picanto? You are at the best place, we will outline all the procedures to help you change it in the correct way. To begin, we’ll examine what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your Kia Picanto, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Kia Picanto?
Let’s go, we start this guidebook with the part that probably interests you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Kia Picanto? This procedure is quite easy and you should be competent to do it without help with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is in general clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure to unplug the power connector that you will see at the rear of the cover. To finish, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in most cases there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to allow you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Kia Picanto. Make sure you keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to change the side mirror of your Kia Picanto, you know now that it wasn’t that difficult.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Kia Picanto?
In the event you just want to change the window of the side mirror of your Kia Picanto, you will initially need to identify the type of locking of your mirror. To accomplish this, the simplest strategy is to have a look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to change the side mirror glass of your Kia Picanto and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the least complicated unit to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same and push it back right into place with force. To verify that it is perfectly installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Kia Picanto you will have to locate the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure you keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one supplied it with your new window, replace it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and gently push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can uncover the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Kia Picanto, generally it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is perfectly placed.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Kia Picanto, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Picanto category.