Car mirrors are one of the vital safety features that you have to always ensure are working properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other motorists and your finances because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning side mirror. This is the case that interests us on this page, you have suffered a collision, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Infiniti QX50? You are at the right place, we will highlight all the guidelines to help you change it accurately. First, we’ll consider what attracts you here, how to change a complete side mirror on your Infiniti QX50, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Infiniti QX50?
Let’s go, we start this guide with the part that most likely concerns you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Infiniti QX50? This procedure is quite easy and you should be able to do it on your own with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to remove the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is in most cases clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure unplug the power connector that you will see at the rear of the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in most cases there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to allow you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Infiniti QX50. Remember to keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will only have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Infiniti QX50, you know now that it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Infiniti QX50?
In the event you just want to change the window of the side mirror of your Infiniti QX50, you will first need to discover the type of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the easiest procedure is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to change the side mirror glass of your Infiniti QX50 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the easiest system to remove. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to remove the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same and push it back into place with force. To check that it is well installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Infiniti QX50 you will have to find the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Remember to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, change it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case there is defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and carefully push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Infiniti QX50, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less difficult access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the mechanism.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
To find more tips on the Infiniti QX50, take a look at the Infiniti QX50 category.