Car mirrors are one of the most essential security features that you must always ensure that are operating correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other road users and your budget because you can be fined if you have a defective side mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on today, you have experienced a collision, one of your mirrors is broken and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Citroen Ds4? You are at the right place, we will highlight all the procedures to help you change it properly. First of all, we’ll examine what attracts you on this website, how to change a complete side mirror on your Citroen Ds4, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Citroen Ds4?
Let’s go, we commence this guide with the part that almost certainly interests you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Citroen Ds4? This procedure is fairly simple and you should be competent to do it yourself with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to remove the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is in general clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, commonly there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to enable you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Citroen Ds4. Make sure keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Citroen Ds4, you know now that it wasn’t that difficult.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Citroen Ds4?
In the event that you only want to change the window of the side mirror of your Citroen Ds4, you will initially need to discern the type of locking of your mirror. To do this, the most basic technique is to examine the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to change the side mirror glass of your Citroen Ds4 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the most simple unit to remove. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to remove the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To verify that it is well placed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Citroen Ds4 you will need to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, change it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the event of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and smoothly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well placed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Citroen Ds4, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Citroen Ds4, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen Ds4 category.