Car mirrors are one of the most essential security features that you must constantly ensure are operating correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other road users and your finances because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning side mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on in this article, you have experienced a collision, one of your side mirrors is damaged and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Chevrolet Express? You are at the right place, we will outline all the procedures to help you change it correctly. First, we’ll take a look at what attracts you on this site, how to change a complete side mirror on your Chevrolet Express, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Chevrolet Express?
Let’s go, we start this article with the part that probably concerns you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Chevrolet Express? This process is fairly simple and you should be able to do it yourself with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is in most cases clipped on the door. For power mirrors, remember to unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in general there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to let you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Chevrolet Express. Make sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will just have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to change the side mirror of your Chevrolet Express, you know now that it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Chevrolet Express?
If perhaps you only need to change the window of the side mirror of your Chevrolet Express, you will initially need to discover the type of locking of your mirror. To achieve this, the most basic procedure is to examine the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you need to change the side mirror glass of your Chevrolet Express and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the least complicated device to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To check that it is well placed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Chevrolet Express you will need to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one supplied it with your new window, replace it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case there is defrosting system
- Stick to the positioning guide (notch) and delicately push it into its housing so as not to break it. Examine that it is well placed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Chevrolet Express, generally it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less difficult access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the mechanism.
- If your mirror is equipped with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is well fixed.
To discover more tips on the Chevrolet Express, take a look at the Chevrolet Express category.