Newer automobiles include an more and more spectacular number of options. Whether it’s bluetooth to play the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, car manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to concentrate on a very effective feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. Indeed, we are going to help you to resolve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Skoda Karoq . To achieve this, first, we will discover how the GPS of a car functions, then, why the GPS of a Skoda Karoq isn’t working? And, at last, how to correct it.
How does a Skoda Karoq GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Skoda Karoq doesn’t work anymore , we will first look at how it functions so that you can discover all the auto parts of this content page.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us significantly in our everyday life, however we do not constantly know how they work, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Skoda Karoq functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Skoda Karoq. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have correct info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimize GPS reception. That’s why a car GPS will be more exact and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Skoda Karoq not working anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Skoda Karoq . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can locate an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Skoda Karoq doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Skoda Karoq, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. Indeed, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the show of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to correct it.
- The GPS of my Skoda Karoq gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Skoda Karoq gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, in actual fact, the road network is constantly changing and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t react, you’re most likely suffering from an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Skoda Karoq’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Skoda Karoq: If you have reception problems, whether frequent or lasting, the problem will certainly result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, change it with a new one.
- GPS Skoda Karoq bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the sellers, it’s a software problem, in actual fact, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To correct this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Skoda Karoq mapping problems: In this situation, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Skoda Karoq, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our article content on this subject matter to find out the process to stick to. This may possibly also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are likely going through an electrical problem . We suggest you to check the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Skoda Karoq that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an content page to help you resolve this problem.
How do you correct the GPS on a Skoda Karoq?
We now proceed to the last part of our content which will enable you to repair the buggy GPS of your Skoda Karoq . To get this done, we will talk about in turn the problems that we determined in the previous part and give you the remedy to each of them:
To get more tips on the Skoda Karoq, take a look at the Skoda Karoq category.