Newer vehicles incorporate an more and more spectacular number of features. Whether it’s bluetooth to hear the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to concentrate on a very beneficial feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. Indeed, we are going to help you to resolve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Jeep Renegade . To do this, first, we will see how the GPS of a motor vehicle functions, then, why the GPS of a Jeep Renegade isn’t working? And, at last, how to correct it.
How does a Jeep Renegade GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Jeep Renegade doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it functions so that you can figure out all the parts of this article.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us considerably in our daily life, nevertheless we do not always know how they work, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Jeep Renegade functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites allow you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Jeep Renegade. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites simultaneously to have exact info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimise GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more correct and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Jeep Renegade not working anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Jeep Renegade . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Jeep Renegade doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Jeep Renegade, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. Indeed, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the signal of your GPS. It is possible that you have experienced the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to correct it.
- The GPS of my Jeep Renegade gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Jeep Renegade gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, indeed, the road network is regularly evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re most certainly struggling with an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Jeep Renegade’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Jeep Renegade: If you have reception problems, whether frequent or permanent, the issue will absolutely result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make sure that it has not been subjected to any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Jeep Renegade bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the car dealerships, it’s a software issue, in reality, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To correct this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Jeep Renegade mapping problems: In this situation, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Jeep Renegade, don’t think twice to consult our article content on this subject matter to identify the procedure to stick to. This might also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are likely encountering an electrical trouble . We suggest you to verify the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Jeep Renegade that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an article to help you resolve this problem.
How do you correct the GPS on a Jeep Renegade?
We now move on to the last component of our guideline which will allow you to fix the buggy GPS of your Jeep Renegade . To get this done, we will talk about in turn the problems that we identified in the previous component and give you the remedy to each of them:
To get more tips on the Jeep Renegade, take a look at the Jeep Renegade category.