Newer automobiles include an increasingly impressive number of features. Whether it’s bluetooth to enjoy the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to concentrate on a very practical option that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. Obviously, we are going to help you to resolve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Genesis G80 . To do this, first, we will find out how the GPS of a motor vehicle works, then, why the GPS of a Genesis G80 isn’t functioning? And, finally, how to resolve it.
How does a Genesis G80 GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Genesis G80 doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it works so that you can understand all the parts of this content page.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us considerably in our day to day life, nevertheless we do not constantly know how they function, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Genesis G80 works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Genesis G80. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have precise information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to maximize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more correct and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Genesis G80 not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Genesis G80 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can discover an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Genesis G80 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS reception on your Genesis G80, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. Obviously, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the show of your GPS. It is possible that you have experienced the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to resolve it.
- The GPS of my Genesis G80 gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Genesis G80 gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, in actual fact, the road network is continuously evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t react, you’re probably affected by an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Genesis G80’s GPS.
- GPS reception complications Genesis G80: If you have reception complications, if frequent or permanent, the issue will certainly come from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make sure that it has not been subjected to any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, change it with a new one.
- GPS Genesis G80 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the car dealerships, it’s a software issue, obviously, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To resolve this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Genesis G80 mapping complications: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Genesis G80, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content on this subject matter to identify the process to follow. This might as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are probably going through an electrical problem . We recommend you to check the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Genesis G80 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an content page to help you resolve this problem.
How do you resolve the GPS on a Genesis G80?
We now move on to the last component of our content page which will enable you to repair the buggy GPS of your Genesis G80 . To do this, we will review in turn the complications that we determined in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
If you have any further questions about the Genesis G80, do not hesitate to consult our Genesis G80 category.