Newer automobiles incorporate an more and more spectacular number of options. If it’s bluetooth to play the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to focus on a very effective option that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. Indeed, we are going to help you to solve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Cadillac SRX . To accomplish this, first, we will see how the GPS of a motor vehicle functions, then, why the GPS of a Cadillac SRX isn’t functioning? And, at last, how to correct it.
How does a Cadillac SRX GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Cadillac SRX doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it functions so that you can discover all the auto parts of this content.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us greatly in our daily life, nevertheless we do not always know how they operate, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Cadillac SRX functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites allow you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Cadillac SRX. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have precise information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more exact and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Cadillac SRX not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Cadillac SRX . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can discover an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Cadillac SRX doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Cadillac SRX, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. Indeed, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the alert of your GPS. It is possible that you have experienced the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to correct it.
- The GPS of my Cadillac SRX gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Cadillac SRX gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, in fact, the road network is regularly evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re most certainly struggling with an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Cadillac SRX’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Cadillac SRX: If you have reception problems, whether frequent or continuing, the issue will absolutely come from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been subjected to any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the circumstance, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Cadillac SRX bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the car dealers, it’s a software issue, in actual fact, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To resolve this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Cadillac SRX mapping problems: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Cadillac SRX, don’t hesitate to consult our content on this subject matter to identify the process to follow. This might as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are most likely experiencing an electrical problem . We advise you to verify the state of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Cadillac SRX that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an content to help you solve this problem.
How do you correct the GPS on a Cadillac SRX?
We now move on to the last component of our content page which will allow you to fix the buggy GPS of your Cadillac SRX . To do this, we will review in turn the problems that we determined in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
If you want more tutorials on the Cadillac SRX, go to our Cadillac SRX category.