Newer vehicles come with an more and more spectacular number of features. Whether it’s bluetooth to listen to the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, car manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to concentrate on a very beneficial feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. Indeed, we are going to help you to solve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Bmw Serie 3 E93 . To get this done, first, we will find out how the GPS of a car functions, then, why the GPS of a Bmw Serie 3 E93 isn’t working? And, finally, how to resolve it.
How does a Bmw Serie 3 E93 GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it functions so that you can figure out all the auto parts of this content.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us significantly in our day to day life, nevertheless we do not always know how they operate, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Bmw Serie 3 E93 functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Bmw Serie 3 E93. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have exact info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimise GPS reception. That’s why a car GPS will be more correct and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Bmw Serie 3 E93 not working anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Bmw Serie 3 E93 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can discover an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Bmw Serie 3 E93 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS signal on your Bmw Serie 3 E93, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. Indeed, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the signal of your GPS. It is possible that you have endured the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we explain later how to resolve it.
- The GPS of my Bmw Serie 3 E93 gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, obviously, the road network is regularly evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re likely suffering from an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Bmw Serie 3 E93’s GPS.
- GPS reception complications Bmw Serie 3 E93: If you have reception complications, whether repeated or permanent, the issue will undoubtedly result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been subjected to any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Bmw Serie 3 E93 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the car dealers, it’s a software issue, indeed, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To solve this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Bmw Serie 3 E93 mapping complications: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Bmw Serie 3 E93, don’t think twice to consult our content on this subject matter to identify the process to follow. This may also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are probably going through an electrical issue . We advise you to check the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an content to help you solve this problem.
How do you resolve the GPS on a Bmw Serie 3 E93?
We now move on to the last component of our article content which will enable you to repair the buggy GPS of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 . To achieve this, we will review in turn the complications that we identified in the previous component and give you the remedy to each of them:
In the event that you have any further questions about the Bmw Serie 3 E93, do not hesitate to consult our Bmw Serie 3 E93 category.