With the democratization of new technologies, the considerable usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was evident that cars would stick to the phenomena. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be built in to the Ford Kuga, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Although this gives a certain comfort, with technology comes also the worries. In this article we’re going to try to help you solve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Ford Kuga anymore. To accomplish this, first of all, we’re going to see the advantages of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen complications on Ford Kuga , and at last how to solve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Ford Kuga
Before we can look at why the touch screen of your Ford Kuga no longer works, we will first see all the positive points that this equipment will bring you. We will just concentrate on the native touch screens, those built in by the producer and not those bought in car centers. In this article is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen built in in your car:
- The ability to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The opportunity to follow a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Access to many setting options on his car caused by the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and therefore receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as compared to the buttons and knobs previously used
Ford Kuga Touch Screen Problems
We will now move on to the section you are most keen on knowing why the touch screen of my Ford Kuga no longer works? To achieve this, we tried to identify all the complications that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different complications, but that said, here are the main ones you might be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Ford Kuga doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common cases on a car with a screen, in many instances it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s almost certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Ford Kuga turns on and off for no cause: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Ford Kuga
After seeing why the touch screen of your Ford Kuga is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the complications you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen complications:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, most of the time it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we stated before, it’s almost certainly a bug you’re experiencing, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Ford Kuga by following this guide.
- The touch screen of your Ford Kuga switches on and off for no cause: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your car to a car electrician who can fix the problem.
If you wish more tutorials on the Ford Kuga, go to our Ford Kuga category.