With the democratization of new technologies, the considerable use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was clear that cars would stick to the tendency. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be built in to the Fiat Punto, for a few years now many cars have been pre-loaded with touch screens. Nevertheless this gives a specific comfort, with technology comes also the worries. In this article we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Fiat Punto anymore. To get this done, to begin with, we’re going to see the advantages of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen problems on Fiat Punto , and at last how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Fiat Punto
Before we can look at why the touch screen of your Fiat Punto no longer operates, we will first see all the positive points that this equipment will provide you. We will only focus on the native touch screens, those included by the producer and not those bought in car centers. Here is a list of the advantages and interesting features of a touch screen included in your car:
- The capacity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The opportunity to follow a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his car caused by the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as compared to the buttons and knobs previously used
Fiat Punto Touch Screen Complications
We will now move on to the part you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my Fiat Punto no longer works? To do this, we tried to distinguish all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, here are the main ones you may be experiencing:
- The touch screen on my Fiat Punto doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common cases on a car with a screen, in many instances it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s most certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Fiat Punto turns on and off for no reason: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Fiat Punto
After discovering why the touch screen of your Fiat Punto is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we explained before, it’s most certainly a bug you’re enduring, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Fiat Punto by following this article.
- The touch screen of your Fiat Punto switches on and off for no reason: In this scenario it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t discover anything, take your car to a car electrician who can fix the problem.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Fiat Punto, do not hesitate to consult our Fiat Punto category.