With the democratization of new technologies, the considerable use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was clear that cars would follow the phenomena. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be built in to the Chevrolet Spark, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Nevertheless this provides a certain comfort, with technology comes also the concerns. In this article we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Chevrolet Spark anymore. To get this done, to begin with, we’re going to find out the advantages of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen problems on Chevrolet Spark , and at last how to resolve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Chevrolet Spark
Before we can find out why the touch screen of your Chevrolet Spark no longer functions, we will first find out all the positive attributes that this equipment will bring you. We will only concentrate on the native touch screens, those integrated by the producer and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. In this article is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your motor vehicle:
- The capacity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The capacity to follow a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his motor vehicle due to the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as compared to the buttons and knobs previously used
Chevrolet Spark Touch Screen Problems
We will now proceed to the part you are most interested in knowing why the touch screen of my Chevrolet Spark no longer functions? To do this, we tried to identify all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, on this website are the most important ones you may be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Chevrolet Spark doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most basic cases on a motor vehicle with a screen, in most cases it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s most certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Chevrolet Spark turns on and off for no cause: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to correct touch screen Chevrolet Spark
After seeing why the touch screen of your Chevrolet Spark is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, most of the time it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we explained before, it’s most certainly a bug you’re experiencing, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Chevrolet Spark by following this article.
- The touch screen of your Chevrolet Spark switches on and off for no cause: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Check the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can correct the problem.
To discover more tips on the Chevrolet Spark, take a look at the Chevrolet Spark category.