With the democratization of new technologies, the extensive use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was evident that cars would adhere to the direction. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be built in to the Chevrolet Silverado, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Although this gives a certain comfort, with technology comes also the concerns. Today we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Chevrolet Silverado anymore. To achieve this, to begin with, we’re going to discover the advantages of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen complications on Chevrolet Silverado , and finally how to solve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Chevrolet Silverado
Before we can find out why the touch screen of your Chevrolet Silverado no longer operates, we will first discover all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will just focus on the native touch screens, those integrated by the manufacturer and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. In this article is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your motor vehicle:
- The ability to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The capacity to follow a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his motor vehicle because of the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and therefore receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as contrary to the buttons and knobs previously used
Chevrolet Silverado Touch Screen Complications
We will now move on to the section you are most interested in knowing why the touch screen of my Chevrolet Silverado no longer functions? To do this, we tried to distinguish all the complications that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different complications, but that said, in this article are the main ones you might be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Chevrolet Silverado doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most basic situations on a motor vehicle with a screen, in many instances it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s probably a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Chevrolet Silverado turns on and off for no cause: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Chevrolet Silverado
After seeing why the touch screen of your Chevrolet Silverado is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the complications you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen complications:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we said before, it’s probably a bug you’re experiencing, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Chevrolet Silverado by following this tuto.
- The touch screen of your Chevrolet Silverado switches on and off for no cause: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the condition of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can fix the problem.
If you wish more tutorials on the Chevrolet Silverado, go to our Chevrolet Silverado category.