With the democratization of new technologies, the extensive use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was clear that cars would follow the tendency. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be built in to the Bmw Z4, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Although this gives a certain comfort, with technology comes also the problems. Today we’re going to try to help you fix a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Bmw Z4 anymore. To get this done, to begin with, we’re going to discover the advantages of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen problems on Bmw Z4 , and at last how to resolve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Bmw Z4
Before we can check out why the touch screen of your Bmw Z4 no longer operates, we will first discover all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will just focus on the native touch screens, those integrated by the producer and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. In this article is a list of the advantages and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your motor vehicle:
- The capacity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The capacity to follow a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his motor vehicle because of the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and therefore receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as compared to the buttons and knobs previously used
Bmw Z4 Touch Screen Problems
We will now proceed to the section you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my Bmw Z4 no longer works? To get this done, we tried to distinguish all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, here are the most important ones you might be experiencing:
- The touch screen on my Bmw Z4 doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most general situations on a motor vehicle with a screen, in most cases it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the solution to this problem
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t respond anymore it’s most certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Bmw Z4 turns on and off for no cause: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to resolve touch screen Bmw Z4
After discovering why the touch screen of your Bmw Z4 is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we stated before, it’s most certainly a bug you’re encountering, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Bmw Z4 by following this article.
- The touch screen of your Bmw Z4 switches on and off for no cause: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Check the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can resolve the problem.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Bmw Z4, do not hesitate to consult our Bmw Z4 category.