With the democratization of new technologies, the extensive usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and internet sites, it was obvious that cars would follow the trend. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be integrated to the Bmw Serie 1 F21, for a few years now many cars have been furnished with touch screens. Nevertheless this brings a certain comfort, with technology comes also the worries. Today we’re going to try to help you solve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Bmw Serie 1 F21 anymore. To accomplish this, first of all, we’re going to see the pros of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen problems on Bmw Serie 1 F21 , and at last how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Bmw Serie 1 F21
Before we can find out why the touch screen of your Bmw Serie 1 F21 no longer works, we will first see all the positive attributes that this equipment will provide you. We will just focus on the native touch screens, those included by the maker and not those bought in car centers. In this article is a list of the advantages and interesting features of a touch screen included in your car:
- The ability to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The ability to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his car due to the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and therefore receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as opposed to the buttons and knobs previously used
Bmw Serie 1 F21 Touch Screen Complications
We will now move on to the part you are most keen on knowing why the touch screen of my Bmw Serie 1 F21 no longer works? To get this done, we tried to determine all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, on this website are the most important ones you may be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Bmw Serie 1 F21 doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most general cases on a car with a screen, in most cases it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t respond anymore it’s most likely a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Bmw Serie 1 F21 turns on and off for no explanation: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to correct touch screen Bmw Serie 1 F21
After discovering why the touch screen of your Bmw Serie 1 F21 is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we said before, it’s most likely a bug you’re going through, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Bmw Serie 1 F21 by following this guide.
- The touch screen of your Bmw Serie 1 F21 switches on and off for no explanation: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t discover anything, take your car to a car electrician who can correct the problem.
If you have any further questions about the Bmw Serie 1 F21, do not hesitate to consult our Bmw Serie 1 F21 category.