With the democratization of new technologies, the considerable usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was obvious that cars would follow the direction. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be integrated to the BMW i3, for a few years now many cars have been equipped with touch screens. Although this provides a specific comfort, with technology comes also the worries. Today we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on BMW i3 anymore. To accomplish this, to begin with, we’re going to find out the features of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen problems on BMW i3 , and at last how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on BMW i3
Before we can see why the touch screen of your BMW i3 no longer works, we will first find out all the positive attributes that this equipment will bring you. We will just focus on the native touch screens, those integrated by the producer and not those bought in car centers. In this article is a list of the advantages and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your car:
- The capacity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The opportunity to follow a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his car because of the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as opposed to the buttons and knobs previously used
BMW i3 Touch Screen Problems
We will now move on to the part you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my BMW i3 no longer functions? To achieve this, we tried to distinguish all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, on this website are the most important ones you might be encountering:
- The touch screen on my BMW i3 doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most basic cases on a car with a screen, in most instances it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s most likely a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my BMW i3 turns on and off for no cause: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to resolve touch screen BMW i3
After discovering why the touch screen of your BMW i3 is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, most of the time it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we stated before, it’s most likely a bug you’re experiencing, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your BMW i3 by following this tuto.
- The touch screen of your BMW i3 switches on and off for no cause: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Check the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your car to a car electrician who can resolve the problem.
If you wish more tutorials on the BMW i3, go to our BMW i3 category.