We are more and more people to desire to accomplish the routine service of our Volkswagen Up! alone, in truth, the labour in mechanics is very costly and the least basic service can fairly quickly surpass 100€. The latest automobiles are more and more complex and we can not accomplish all their routine service, but some works like servicing its Volkswagen Up! can be performed without too much problems. We are going to help you on this web page to choose the best engine oil for your Volkswagen Up! , this will enable you to do your oil change without any headache and to guarantee you an optimal engine unit actions. To do this, firstly, we will see how to select the right engine oil for your Volkswagen Up! , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Volkswagen Up! , and finally, we will conclude with some tips on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Volkswagen Up!
We will therefore commence our article with a small buying guidebook to help you choose the best motor oil for your Volkswagen Up! with peace of mind. To achieve this, we will check out the criteria that differentiate the sort of oil and then we will check out the different types of motor oil. Whatever the case, you should know that if you choose your engine oil properly, in addition to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The specifications that differentiate engine oils for Volkswagen Up!?
The function of the engine oil in your Volkswagen Up! is to lubricate your engine unit to ensure that all the gears in it can run properly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. Furthermore, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other tasks such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and ensuring sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now check out the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Volkswagen Up! :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Volkswagen Up! (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will show the engine’s ability to begin cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to adapt it to the climatic conditions in which you drive your Volkswagen Up!.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Volkswagen Up! (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. However, if you use your Volkswagen Up! in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The requirements : They are made on the back of the oil canister you can discover them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only requirements of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to verify in the guidebook of your Volkswagen Up! that the oil in question is compatible with your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little effect in your reasoning, there are enough objective specifications in the composition of motor oil for Volkswagen Up! to avoid having to focus on a subjective criterion such as the brand, some car companies have partnerships and will recommend you on certain brands, but it is not required to stick to these advice.
The different types of engine oil for your Volkswagen Up!
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are called mineral oils because they are mainly made up of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that often consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will bring about them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still composed of specific components that will boost its lifetime. It is thus preferred for a polyvalent use of its vehicle. Furthermore, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. On the other hand, you should remember to change the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This type of oil is really adapted to the recent Volkswagen Up! engines, in truth, the protection of the engine unit will be maximum and the cold begin too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil change.
The 3 best motor oils for Volkswagen Up!
We now commence our second section in which we will focus on the best motor oils for Volkswagen Up! , we will present our assortment and direct you to the best sellers so that you can produce your choice in the best circumstances. We have done it a point to present only oils adapted to your Volkswagen Up!, so you will not actually discover “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Volkswagen Up!
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Volkswagen Up! lowcost, so that according to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will enable you to change or top up the oil level of your Volkswagen Up! with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin capability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to verify the oil level of your Volkswagen Up!.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your vehicle.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Volkswagen Up!
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will enable you to space out your drains.
- A price for this interesting quality.
- Suitable for all sort of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Volkswagen Up!
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Volkswagen Up! from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil suited to all engines from Volkswagen Up!
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not suited to older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Volkswagen Up! which will be adapted to the most difficult engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suitable for the most demanding engines.
- Appropriate for engines designed with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not suited to older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few suggestions on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Volkswagen Up!
And to conclude this article, we will give you some suggestions on how to produce good use of the motor oil in your Volkswagen Up!, and produce the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may damage your engine unit.
- Observe the recommendations of the oil companies and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Volkswagen Up!
- The oil change intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil change
To get more tips on the Volkswagen Up!, take a look at the Volkswagen Up! category.