We are more and more persons to want to accomplish the maintenance of our Mercedes Classe A 3 alone, obviously, the labour in mechanics is very pricey and the least simple service can fairly quickly exceed 100€. The modern automobiles are more and more difficult and we can not accomplish all their maintenance, but some works like servicing its Mercedes Classe A 3 can be accomplished without too much complexity. We are going to help you in this article to select the best engine oil for your Mercedes Classe A 3 , this will allow you to do your oil change without any headache and to ensure you an optimal engine behaviour. To do this, firstly, we will discover how to choose the right engine oil for your Mercedes Classe A 3 , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Mercedes Classe A 3 , and finally, we will end with some recommendations on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Mercedes Classe A 3
We will consequently commence our content with a small buying guide to help you select the best motor oil for your Mercedes Classe A 3 with peace of mind. To do this, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the sort of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. In any case, you should know that if you select your engine oil correctly, in addition to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The specifications that differentiate engine oils for Mercedes Classe A 3?
The purpose of the engine oil in your Mercedes Classe A 3 is to lubricate your engine to assure that all the gears in it can run smoothly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its elements. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other functions such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine and guaranteeing sealing . These oils can be purchased in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Mercedes Classe A 3 :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Mercedes Classe A 3 (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will reveal the engine’s ability to start cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to change it to the weather conditions in which you drive your Mercedes Classe A 3.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Mercedes Classe A 3 (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is essential to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. Nevertheless, if you use your Mercedes Classe A 3 in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it although hot.
- The standards : They are written on the back of the oil canister you can discover them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are just standards of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the manual of your Mercedes Classe A 3 that the oil in question is compatible with your engine.
- Oil brands: Please take note that the brand should have very little influence in your judgement, there are enough objective specifications in the composition of motor oil for Mercedes Classe A 3 to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective criterion such as the brand, some car producers have partnerships and will suggest you on certain brands, but it is not required to stick to these suggestions.
The different types of engine oil for your Mercedes Classe A 3
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are named mineral oils because they are specifically consisting of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will cause them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still composed of several elements that will boost its lifespan. It is thus recommended for a polyvalent use of its car. Furthermore, it favours a simpler cold start than a mineral oil. Nevertheless, you should remember to change the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This type of oil is really adapted to the recent Mercedes Classe A 3 engines, obviously, the protection of the engine will be ideal and the cold start too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to limit the frequency of their oil change.
The 3 best motor oils for Mercedes Classe A 3
We now commence our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Mercedes Classe A 3 , we will present our assortment and direct you to the best dealers so that you can make your choice in the best circumstances. We have done it a point to present just oils adapted to your Mercedes Classe A 3, so you will not actually discover “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Mercedes Classe A 3
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Mercedes Classe A 3 lowcost, so that corresponding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to change or top up the oil level of your Mercedes Classe A 3 with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine starts to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold start capability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Mercedes Classe A 3.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last over time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine oil for Mercedes Classe A 3
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Appropriate for all sort of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Mercedes Classe A 3
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Mercedes Classe A 3 from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine oil suited to all engines from Mercedes Classe A 3
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suited to older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Mercedes Classe A 3 which will be adapted to the most challenging engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Appropriate for the most demanding engines.
- Ideal for engines designed with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suited to older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine oil for your Mercedes Classe A 3
And to end this content, we will give you some suggestions on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Mercedes Classe A 3, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Be aware that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may ruin your engine.
- Observe the recommendations of the oil manufacturers and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine of your Mercedes Classe A 3
- The oil change intervals announced by the engine oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil change
If you want more tutorials on the Mercedes Classe A 3, go to our Mercedes Classe A 3 category.