We are more and more persons to want to accomplish the maintenance of our Hyundai Sonata by themselves, indeed, the labour in mechanics is very costly and the least simple service can fairly quickly surpass 100€. The latest automobiles are more and more complex and we can not accomplish all their maintenance, but some works like servicing its Hyundai Sonata can be carried out without too much complexity. We are going to help you today to choose the best engine oil for your Hyundai Sonata , this will allow you to do your oil replace without any headache and to ensure you an optimum engine unit actions. To get this done, firstly, we will see how to choose the right engine oil for your Hyundai Sonata , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Hyundai Sonata , and finally, we will finish with some advice on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Hyundai Sonata
We will so commence our article with a small buying guidebook to help you choose the best motor oil for your Hyundai Sonata with peace of mind. To accomplish this, we will check out the criteria that differentiate the types of oil and then we will check out the different types of motor oil. Whatever the case, you should know that if you choose your engine oil correctly, in addition to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The specifications that differentiate engine oils for Hyundai Sonata?
The function of the engine oil in your Hyundai Sonata is to lubricate your engine unit to ensure that all the gears in it can run smoothly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its elements. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other functions such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and ensuring sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now check out the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Hyundai Sonata :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Hyundai Sonata (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will reveal the engine’s ability to start cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is consequently up to you to modify it to the weather conditions in which you drive your Hyundai Sonata.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Hyundai Sonata (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is important to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and consequently lower your consumption. However, if you use your Hyundai Sonata in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it although hot.
- The standards : They are created on the back of the oil canister you can locate them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are just standards of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to verify in the book of your Hyundai Sonata that the oil in question is appropriate for your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little influence in your reasoning, there are enough objective specifications in the composition of motor oil for Hyundai Sonata to avoid having to focus on a subjective criterion such as the brand, some car producers have partnerships and will suggest you on certain brands, but it is not necessary to stick to these tips.
The different types of engine oil for your Hyundai Sonata
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are named mineral oils because they are mainly made from crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and consequently a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will bring about them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be necessary to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of certain components that will improve its life expectancy. It is thus preferred for a polyvalent use of its vehicle. Moreover, it favours a simpler cold start than a mineral oil. Nevertheless, you should remember to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This kind of oil is really adapted to the recent Hyundai Sonata engines, indeed, the protection of the engine unit will be optimum and the cold start too. It is consequently a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Hyundai Sonata
We now commence our second section in which we will focus on the best motor oils for Hyundai Sonata , we will present our choice and direct you to the best dealers so that you can make your decision in the best circumstances. We have done it a point to present just oils adapted to your Hyundai Sonata, so you will not actually locate “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Hyundai Sonata
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Hyundai Sonata lowcost, so that according to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to replace or top up the oil level of your Hyundai Sonata with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit starts to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold start capability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to verify the oil level of your Hyundai Sonata.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last over time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your vehicle.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Hyundai Sonata
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price for this interesting quality.
- Suited to all types of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Hyundai Sonata
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Hyundai Sonata from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil suited to all engines from Hyundai Sonata
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not suited to older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Hyundai Sonata which will be adapted to the most difficult engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suited to the most demanding engines.
- Suitable for engines built with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not suited to older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Hyundai Sonata
And to finish this article, we will give you some suggestions on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Hyundai Sonata, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Be aware that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may ruin your engine unit.
- Observe the advice of the oil manufacturers and motor vehicle manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Hyundai Sonata
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Hyundai Sonata, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Sonata category.