Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most preferred functionality when hot, it can besides that bring in some inconveniences. In actual fact, the air conditioning in a Peugeot 1007 can have a bad smell, and in this article we’re going to try to help you establish why. To achieve this, first we will take a look at the explanation of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Peugeot 1007 have a smell of humidity?
So we start our guideline with the source of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Peugeot 1007. If you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is more often than not alike. In actual fact, air conditioning makes a lot of humidity, which will tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Peugeot 1007. This humidity is the perfect base of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Peugeot 1007. Also, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it regularly (food leftovers for example) will develop enhance the odors. Finally, the last traditional motive for a bad air conditioning smell in your Peugeot 1007 is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Peugeot 1007?
Now that you know where to look to locate the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Peugeot 1007, because furthermore to being uneasy these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore very important to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Peugeot 1007:
- Even though it may seem evident, the dirt that amasses in your car will encourage the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Peugeot 1007 commonly will allow you to take out many of the origins of these.
- The best treatment is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Peugeot 1007 with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To achieve this, please consult our guideline which clarifies in detail the process to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Peugeot 1007: This filter which aims to stop impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Peugeot 1007
To finish , last part of our guideline on air conditioning smells on Peugeot 1007, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Peugeot 1007:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In actual fact, constantly do this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be certain that the air conditioning of your Peugeot 1007 is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor especially), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Be sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, in actual fact, the liquid is toxic and moreover the operation of your air conditioning would be altered in the case of a leak.
If you need more tutorials on the Peugeot 1007, go to our Peugeot 1007 category.