Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most chosen features when hot, it can besides that lead to some inconveniences. In truth, the air conditioning in a Mercedes A class can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to help you establish why. To do this, first we will look at the motive of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them disappear.
Why does the air conditioning of my Mercedes A class have a smell of humidity?
So we commence our article with the beginning of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Mercedes A class. Whether you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is generally similar. In truth, air conditioning creates a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Mercedes A class. This humidity is the ideal source of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Mercedes A class. Additionally, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it regularly (food leftovers for example) will develop amplify the odors. At last, the last common explanation for a bad air conditioning smell in your Mercedes A class is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and emits a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Mercedes A class?
Now that you know where to look to locate the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to get rid of bad air conditioning odors on your Mercedes A class, because in addition to being uneasy these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore essential to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to get rid of these air-conditioning odours on your Mercedes A class:
- Even though it may appear evident, the dirt that amasses in your car will encourage the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Mercedes A class frequently will allow you to remove many of the sources of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Mercedes A class with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please read our article which points out in detail the procedure to follow.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Mercedes A class: This filter which aims to stop impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, remember to verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Mercedes A class
To finish , last part of our article on air conditioning smells on Mercedes A class, we are now going to give you some tips to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Mercedes A class:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In truth, constantly perform this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To ensure that the air conditioning of your Mercedes A class is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor especially), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is essential, in truth, the liquid is toxic and also the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Mercedes A class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes A class category.