Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most preferred functionality during the summer, it can besides that bring in some inconveniences. In fact, the air conditioning in a Hyundai Ix35 can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to enable you identify why. To achieve this, first we will take a look at the reason of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Hyundai Ix35 have a smell of humidity?
So we begin our article content with the origin of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Hyundai Ix35. If you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is more often than not alike. In fact, air conditioning creates a lot of humidity, which will tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Hyundai Ix35. This humidity is the ideal origin of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all kinds in the air conditioning of your Hyundai Ix35. Also, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it on a regular basis (food leftovers for example) will play a role in amplify the odors. At last, the last classic cause for a bad air conditioning smell in your Hyundai Ix35 is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will disperse in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Hyundai Ix35?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to get rid of bad air conditioning odors on your Hyundai Ix35, because moreover to being unpleasant these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore very important to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to get rid of these air-conditioning odours on your Hyundai Ix35:
- Nevertheless it may appear to be obvious, the dirt that accumulates in your car will encourage the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Hyundai Ix35 commonly will allow you to take out many of the origins of these.
- The best remedy is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Hyundai Ix35 with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To achieve this, please read our article content which clarifies in detail the procedure to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Hyundai Ix35: This filter which aims to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure you examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Hyundai Ix35
Finally, last part of our article content on air conditioning smells on Hyundai Ix35, we are now going to give you some tips to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Hyundai Ix35:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In fact, always do this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but garbage is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be sure that the air conditioning of your Hyundai Ix35 is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, in fact, the liquid is toxic and additionally the operation of your air conditioning would be altered in the case of a leak.
To find more tips on the Hyundai Ix35, take a look at the Hyundai Ix35 category.