Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most chosen aspects when hot, it can as well lead to some inconveniences. Indeed, the air conditioning in a Alfa Romeo Giulietta can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to help you find out why. To achieve this, first we will examine the reason of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you solutions to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Alfa Romeo Giulietta have a smell of humidity?
So we start our article with the beginning of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Regardless you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is often the same. Indeed, air conditioning brings about a lot of humidity, which will tend to build up in the ventilation system of your Alfa Romeo Giulietta. This humidity is the perfect origin of the spreading of bacteria and fungi of all kinds in the air conditioning of your Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Also, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it frequently (food remains for example) will develop increase the odors. Finally, the last traditional cause for a bad air conditioning smell in your Alfa Romeo Giulietta is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and releases a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Alfa Romeo Giulietta?
Now that you know where to look to locate the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to get rid of bad air conditioning odors on your Alfa Romeo Giulietta, because moreover to being problematic these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now compose a list of actions you can take to get rid of these air-conditioning odours on your Alfa Romeo Giulietta:
- Although it may appear to be evident, the dirt that accumulates in your car will encourage the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Alfa Romeo Giulietta on a regular will allow you to remove many of the sources of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Alfa Romeo Giulietta with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To achieve this, please read our article which clarifies in detail the process to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Alfa Romeo Giulietta: This filter which is designed to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure you examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Finally, last part of our article on air conditioning smells on Alfa Romeo Giulietta, we are now going to give you some tips to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Alfa Romeo Giulietta:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: Indeed, always accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To make certain that the air conditioning of your Alfa Romeo Giulietta is always in good working order (air conditioning compressor specifically), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that that there is no leak on your air conditioning is essential, indeed, the liquid is toxic and furthermore the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If you wish more tutorials on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, go to our Alfa Romeo Giulietta category.