Being the target of recurring problems on your motor vehicle is extremely irritating, in addition to the economic side that these concerns represent, one must also add the time lost with a non-operational Peugeot 508 and the time spent to identify and fix the breakdown. Nevertheless, some problems are less significant than others, which is not to say that they do not worry us. In this article we are going to seek out a problem that can happen to many of us, having vibrations at acceleration on Peugeot 508. This problem can occasionally be difficult to perceive but it must be handled. We will therefore commence our article with the roots of these vibrations on Peugeot 508, then, with the solutions you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my Peugeot 508 release vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s commence our article with the roots of this kind of problem on your car. You should already know that an engine, specifically if it is ancient or if it has been driven a lot, can naturally vibrate without being a problem behind it. Large diesel engines, specifically those with a lot of torque, can trigger this kind of discomfort, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my Peugeot 508 only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting circumstance for us in this article. The fact that you suffer trembling on your Peugeot 508 during your acceleration periods, in this scenario you will have to verify the condition of different parts because various of elements can be at the beginning of these vibrations and even if you are unfortunate a mix of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of components that can be concerned.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your Peugeot 508 is defective, it may trigger vibrations that you will feel when you accelerate at the moment it is running.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will manage the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may disrupt the behavior of your turbo and develop vibrations that you may experience during acceleration of your Peugeot 508.
- If the turbo is punctured or injured, the consequence will be similar, the power supply of your turbo will be disrupted and its behavior too. Make sure to visually check their state.
I’m experiencing vibrations on my Peugeot 508 at acceleration and deceleration
We will now look into the scenario where you experience vibrations on your Peugeot 508 when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only experience vibrations when you are idling on your Peugeot 508, please read our article dedicated to this problem to fix your problem. If, on the other hand, you notice that your Peugeot 508 vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of things to check:
- EGR valve: In actual fact this valve which manages the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and bother the evacuation of exhaust gases which can trigger Peugeot 508 vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that regulating the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will release the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working properly, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running effectively.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is blocked it will not let the fuel pass effectively and therefore bother the performance of your Peugeot 508, up to the point of generating vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the most important motives of a Peugeot 508 that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my Peugeot 508? What can I do?
Finally, in this last section, we will give you the answers available to you to handle these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt dependent on the part that is affected:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your Peugeot 508, it will be good for you to control all the components associated with it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and most of the time the problem does not come exclusively from the turbo. So remember to check out your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your Peugeot 508 to your garage.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the advantage that it is generally easy to access and easy to disassemble/clean. You can always look into it and clean it, for this see our article on cleaning the EGR valve of an Peugeot 508.
- Injectors: Injectors are very sensitive components and a few harmful particles may be enough to bother their performance. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a specialist.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, just change it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will just have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the information you need to uncover the source of the vibrations at acceleration on your Peugeot 508. If you don’t feel able to execute certain procedures don’t hesitate to go to your mechanic.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Peugeot 508, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot 508 category.