Being the target of recurring problems on your vehicle is extremely bothersome, moreover the economic burden that these concerns represent, one must also add the time lost with a non-operational Lexus UX and the time spent to establish and repair the malfunction. Nevertheless, some problems are less significant than others, which is not to say that they do not get worried us. On this page we are going to look into a problem that can affect everyone, having vibrations at acceleration on Lexus UX. This problem can oftentimes be difficult to perceive but it must be taken care of. We will so begin our guideline with the sources of these vibrations on Lexus UX, then, with the answers you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my Lexus UX make vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s begin our guideline with the sources of this kind of problem on your car. You should already know that an engine, especially if it is old or if it has been driven quite a lot, can naturally vibrate without being a problem behind it. Large diesel engines, especially those with a lot of torque, can trigger this kind of discomfort, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my Lexus UX only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting circumstance for us in this guideline. The fact that you feel trembling on your Lexus UX during your acceleration periods, in this scenario you will have to verify the state of several elements because many of elements can be at the beginning of these vibrations and even if you are unfortunate a combination of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of components that can be concerned.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your Lexus UX is defective, it may trigger vibrations that you will come to feel when you accelerate at the moment it is running.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will manage the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may disrupt the performance of your turbo and make vibrations that you may feel during acceleration of your Lexus UX.
- If the turbo is punctured or ruined, the result will be the same, the power supply of your turbo will be disturbed and its performance too. Make sure to visually check their state.
I’m having vibrations on my Lexus UX at acceleration and deceleration
We will now focus on the scenario where you feel vibrations on your Lexus UX when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only feel vibrations when you are idling on your Lexus UX, please read our guideline focused on this problem to fix your problem. If, however, you detect that your Lexus UX vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of components to check:
- EGR valve: In reality this valve which controls the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and disrupt the evacuation of exhaust gases which can trigger Lexus UX vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that regulating the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will release the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working properly, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running effectively.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is clogged it will not let the fuel pass effectively and therefore disrupt the operation of your Lexus UX, up to the point of producing vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the most important triggers of a Lexus UX that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my Lexus UX? What can I do?
To conclude, in this last part, we will tell you the possibilities available to you to overcome these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt based on the part that is concerned:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your Lexus UX, it will be good for you to control all the components associated with it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and typically the problem does not come directly from the turbo. So make sure take a look at your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your Lexus UX to your workshop.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the advantage that it is generally easy to access and simple to disassemble/clean. You can always check out it and clean it, for this see our guideline on cleaning the EGR valve of an Lexus UX.
- Injectors: Injectors are very fragile components and a few impurities may be enough to disrupt their operation. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a expert.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, just replace it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will only have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the information you need to find the cause of the vibrations at acceleration on your Lexus UX. If you don’t feel able to complete certain procedures don’t hesitate to go to your auto mechanic.
To find more tips on the Lexus UX, take a look at the Lexus UX category.