Facing problems on your car is extremely irritating, furthermore the economic aspect that these complications signify, one must also add the time lost with a non-functional Lexus RX and the time spent to establish and solve the breakdown. However, some problems are less major than others, which is not to say that they do not worry us. Today we are going to take a look at a issue that can occur to everyone, perceiving vibrations at acceleration on Lexus RX. This issue can sometimes be difficult to perceive but it must be dealt with. We will consequently start our article with the sources of these vibrations on Lexus RX, then, with the answers you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my Lexus RX release vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s start our article with the sources of this type of issue on your car. You should already know that an engine, especially if it is old or if it has been driven a lot, can naturally vibrate without being a issue behind it. Large diesel engines, especially those with a lot of torque, can bring about this sort of impression, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my Lexus RX only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting circumstance for us in this article. The simple fact that you suffer trembling on your Lexus RX during your acceleration phases, in this scenario you will have to verify the condition of several components because several of elements can be at the origin of these vibrations and regardless if you are unfortunate a mix of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of parts that can be concerned.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your Lexus RX is defective, it may bring about vibrations that you will suffer when you accelerate at the moment it is activated.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will manage the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may bother the behavior of your turbo and create vibrations that you may come to feel during acceleration of your Lexus RX.
- If the turbo is punctured or damaged, the result will be similar, the power supply of your turbo will be disturbed and its behavior too. Make sure visually examine their condition.
I’m feeling vibrations on my Lexus RX at acceleration and deceleration
We will now focus on the case where you come to feel vibrations on your Lexus RX when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only come to feel vibrations when you are idling on your Lexus RX, please have a look at our article dedicated to this issue to solve your problem. If, however, you detect that your Lexus RX vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of things to examine:
- EGR valve: In reality this valve which handles the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and affect the evacuation of exhaust gases which can bring about Lexus RX vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that regulating the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will release the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working correctly, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running correctly.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is clogged it will not let the fuel pass correctly and therefore affect the operation of your Lexus RX, up to the point of leading to vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the most important causes of a Lexus RX that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my Lexus RX? What can I do?
To conclude, in this last section, we will provide you the answers available to you to overcome these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt depending on the part that is affected:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your Lexus RX, it will be good for you to control all the parts attached to it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and most of the time the issue does not come directly from the turbo. So make sure check out your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your Lexus RX to your mechanic.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the benefit that it is often times easy to access and simple to take apart/clean. You can always take a look at it and clean it, for this see our article on cleaning the EGR valve of an Lexus RX.
- Injectors: Injectors are very delicate parts and a few impurities may be enough to affect their operation. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a specialist.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, just change it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will only have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the info you need to find the origin of the vibrations at acceleration on your Lexus RX. If you don’t feel able to execute certain operations don’t hesitate to go to your auto mechanic.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Lexus RX, do not hesitate to consult our Lexus RX category.