Keeping an eye on your car is fundamental nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is precisely the subject we are going to focus on on this webpage, one of the indicators that most perturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Peugeot 307 Cc. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Peugeot 307 Cc?.
What does the ABS light on Peugeot 307 Cc indicate?
We will commence our article content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Peugeot 307 Cc, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Peugeot 307 Cc?
To begin with, it is essential to explain to you what the ABS of your Peugeot 307 Cc is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Peugeot 307 Cc is composed of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Peugeot 307 Cc
The truth is, you can with ease come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Peugeot 307 Cc
Now we proceed to the part that you are probably more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Peugeot 307 Cc? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be informed that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Peugeot 307 Cc can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them causes the ABS light on your Peugeot 307 Cc to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Peugeot 307 Cc: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Peugeot 307 Cc?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Peugeot 307 Cc?. The solutions will be contingent on the failures you are enduring. To begin with, pass your Peugeot 307 Cc to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Peugeot 307 Cc, don’t hesitate to browse our guideline which explains the steps to take. Once you have identified the origin of your issue, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Peugeot 307 Cc:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve identified an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you want more guides on the Peugeot 307 Cc, go to our Peugeot 307 Cc category.