Paying attention to your car is fundamental in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the topic we are going to focus on on this webpage, one of the indications that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Hyundai Ix20. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Hyundai Ix20?.
What does the ABS light on Hyundai Ix20 mean?
We will begin our article with the definition of an ABS warning light on Hyundai Ix20, to do this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Hyundai Ix20?
To begin with, it is vital to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Hyundai Ix20 is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Hyundai Ix20 is composed of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Hyundai Ix20
The truth is, you can quite easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Hyundai Ix20
Now we move on to the part that you are most likely more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Hyundai Ix20? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be aware that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Hyundai Ix20 can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Hyundai Ix20 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Hyundai Ix20: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Hyundai Ix20?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Hyundai Ix20?. The answers will could depend on the failure you are enduring. First of all, pass your Hyundai Ix20 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Hyundai Ix20, don’t hesitate to browse our guideline which explains the steps to take. Once you have found the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Hyundai Ix20:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve detected an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Hyundai Ix20, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Ix20 category.