Watching your vehicle is fundamental in these days, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the subject we are gonna discuss in this article, one of the indicators that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on hyundai i40. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on hyundai i40?.
What does the ABS light on hyundai i40 signify?
We will commence our content page with the meaning of an ABS warning light on hyundai i40, for this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on hyundai i40?
To start with, it is necessary to explain to you what the ABS of your hyundai i40 is used for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your hyundai i40 is consisting of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your hyundai i40
The truth is, you can simply experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on hyundai i40
Now we move on to the part that you are probably more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a hyundai i40? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is faulty. You should be advised that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your hyundai i40 can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them triggers the ABS light on your hyundai i40 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your hyundai i40: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will inevitably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my hyundai i40?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my hyundai i40?. The answers will rely upon the failures you are enduring. Firstly, pass your hyundai i40 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on hyundai i40, don’t think twice to examine our content page which explains the steps to take. Once you have located the source of your trouble, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your hyundai i40:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve spotted an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the hyundai i40, do not hesitate to consult our hyundai i40 category.