Watching your vehicle is vital in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the theme we are going to focus on today, one of the indicators that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Citroen C-crosser. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Citroen C-crosser?.
What does the ABS light on Citroen C-crosser signify?
We will begin our article content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Citroen C-crosser, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Citroen C-crosser?
To start with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Citroen C-crosser is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Citroen C-crosser is composed of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Citroen C-crosser
The truth is, you can very easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Citroen C-crosser
Now we move on to the part that you are probably more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Citroen C-crosser? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Citroen C-crosser can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Citroen C-crosser to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Citroen C-crosser: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will unavoidably come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Citroen C-crosser?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Citroen C-crosser?. The answers will be based upon the deficiencies you are encountering. First of all, pass your Citroen C-crosser to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Citroen C-crosser, don’t hesitate to go through our article which points out the steps to take. Once you have identified the cause of your problem, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Citroen C-crosser:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve identified an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you want more tutorials on the Citroen C-crosser, go to our Citroen C-crosser category.