Keeping an eye on your automobile is important in these modern times, in reality, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is specifically the theme we are going to talk about in this article, one of the indicators that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Chevrolet Cruze. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Chevrolet Cruze?.
What does the ABS light on Chevrolet Cruze signify?
We will commence our article with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Chevrolet Cruze, for this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Chevrolet Cruze?
First of all, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Chevrolet Cruze is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Chevrolet Cruze is made from different components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Chevrolet Cruze
In truth, you can simply come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Chevrolet Cruze
Now we go forward to the part that you are most certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Chevrolet Cruze? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Chevrolet Cruze can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Chevrolet Cruze to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Chevrolet Cruze: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Chevrolet Cruze?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Chevrolet Cruze?. The answers will might depend on the deficiencies you are enduring. First of all, pass your Chevrolet Cruze to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Chevrolet Cruze, don’t hesitate to read our article which details the steps to take. Once you have discovered the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Chevrolet Cruze:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve spotted an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Cruze, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Cruze category.