We will try again today to help you to solve the small problems related to your motor vehicle. We have not too long ago seen how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will concentrate on an annoying issue that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Volkswagen Transporter . And to answer this, we will first try to figure out why the wipers on your Volkswagen Transporter remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Volkswagen Transporter stay stuck?
So we will start our content page with the explanations of the stuck wipers of your Volkswagen Transporter . To begin with we will concentrate on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Volkswagen Transporter stuck in up or down position?
We will go through one by one the different problems that can bring about the front wipers of your Volkswagen Transporter to get stuck :
- One of the most common motives of front wipers getting stuck on your Volkswagen Transporter is related to the engine that drives them, in fact, these engines can, over time, lose power, and ultimately need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less common, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked because of an object that prevents the blades from working, take a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will find that your front wipers are going slower, verify quickly the cause of the problems or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Volkswagen Transporter may not work because of a faulty comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is responsible for the problem.
- Finally, last possibility, the front wipers of your Volkswagen Transporter are blocked because of a power failure, so you will have to verify two auto parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Volkswagen Transporter stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Volkswagen Transporter , the origins of your complications are more or less the same. Nevertheless there is only one wiper blade at the rear of your motor vehicle, there are still some dedicated auto parts that can bring about problems only on the rear windshield of your Volkswagen Transporter. So, make sure to perform the same checks as seen in the previous part of this content page.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Volkswagen Transporter?
At last, to do this second part, we will see what solutions are available to you to make sure that the wipers on your Volkswagen Transporter are unlocked and that they work effectively again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Volkswagen Transporter?
If it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be the same and we will detail them one by one in this part, it is up to you to adapt them to the part that concerns you. If you have other blocking problems such as a fuel door stuck on Volkswagen Transporter, do not hesitate to consult our article on this issue.
- In such a case, you will have to find the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (take care there must be some of them related to the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. At last, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Volkswagen Transporter
- In this situation, it will be quite simple but expensive to change your commodo, the part generally costs around 200€, once tested you will be able to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Volkswagen Transporter wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to find the origin of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty part
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen Transporter, take a look at the Volkswagen Transporter category.