We will try again today to help you to resolve the small complications related to your car. We have recently seen how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will focus on an irritating issue that can be dangerous in bad climate conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Toyota FJ Cruiser . And to remedy this, we will first try to figure out why the wipers on your Toyota FJ Cruiser remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Toyota FJ Cruiser stay stuck?
So we will begin our article with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your Toyota FJ Cruiser . First of all we will focus on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Toyota FJ Cruiser stuck in up or down position?
We will proceed through one at a time the different complications that can trigger the front wipers of your Toyota FJ Cruiser to get stuck :
- One of the most general causes of front wipers getting stuck on your Toyota FJ Cruiser is related to the engine that drives them, in reality, these engines can, with time, lose power, and sooner or later need to be changed. You should find out before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less general, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked as a result of an object that prevents the blades from working, have a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will discover that your front wipers are going slower, check quickly the trigger of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Toyota FJ Cruiser may not operate as a result of a defective comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Toyota FJ Cruiser are blocked as a result of a power failure, so you will have to check two auto parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Toyota FJ Cruiser stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Toyota FJ Cruiser , the origins of your problems are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated auto parts that can trigger complications just on the rear windshield of your Toyota FJ Cruiser. So, remember to perform similar checks as seen in the previous component of this article.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Toyota FJ Cruiser?
Finally, for this second section, we will see what solutions are available to you to ensure that the wipers on your Toyota FJ Cruiser are unlocked and that they operate effectively again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Toyota FJ Cruiser?
If it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be similar and we will highlight them one after the other in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking complications such as a fuel door stuck on Toyota FJ Cruiser, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this issue.
- In such a case, you will have to locate the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be careful there must be some of them related to the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Toyota FJ Cruiser
- In this situation, it will be quite basic but expensive to change your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will be able to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Toyota FJ Cruiser wiper blocked due to a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to locate the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the defective component
If you want more tutorials on the Toyota FJ Cruiser, go to our Toyota FJ Cruiser category.