We will try again in this article to help you to fix the small complications related to your car. We have not too long ago discovered how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, in this article we will look into an irritating issue that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Opel Grandland X . And to remedy this, we will first try to discover why the wipers on your Opel Grandland X remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Opel Grandland X stay stuck?
So we will start our content page with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your Opel Grandland X . First of all we will look into the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Opel Grandland X stuck in up or down position?
We will go through one by one the different complications that can bring about the front wipers of your Opel Grandland X to get stuck :
- One of the most general causes of front wipers getting stuck on your Opel Grandland X is related to the engine unit that drives them, in fact, these engines can, over time, lose power, and sooner or later need to be changed. You should find out before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less general, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked due to an object that prevents the blades from functioning, examine up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will discover that your front wipers are going slower, verify quickly the trigger of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Opel Grandland X may not work due to a defective comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are functioning, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Opel Grandland X are blocked due to a power failure, so you will have to verify two parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Opel Grandland X stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Opel Grandland X , the origins of your problems are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated parts that can bring about complications just on the rear windshield of your Opel Grandland X. So, remember to execute the same checks as discovered in the previous part of this content page.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Opel Grandland X?
Finally, to do this second section, we will see what solutions are available to you to be sure that the wipers on your Opel Grandland X are unlocked and that they work properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Opel Grandland X?
If it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be the same and we will detail them one after the other in this part, it is up to you to adapt them to the part that concerns you. If you have other blocking complications such as a fuel door stuck on Opel Grandland X, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this issue.
- In this case, you will have to locate the engine unit, then disconnect the power cables of this one (take care there must be several of them related to the different speeds of sweeping), then remove the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Opel Grandland X
- In this situation, it will be quite simple but expensive to change your commodo, the part generally costs around 200€, once tested you will be able to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Opel Grandland X wiper blocked caused by a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to locate the origin of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the defective part
If you wish more guides on the Opel Grandland X, go to our Opel Grandland X category.