We will try again in this article to help you to remedy the small complications associated with your car. We have recently discovered how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, in this article we will concentrate on an annoying issue that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Mercedes Viano . And to correct this, we will first try to discover why the wipers on your Mercedes Viano remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Mercedes Viano stay stuck?
So we will start our content with the explanations of the stuck wipers of your Mercedes Viano . First of all we will concentrate on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Mercedes Viano stuck in up or down position?
We will proceed through one by one the different complications that can cause the front wipers of your Mercedes Viano to get stuck :
- One of the most basic causes of front wipers getting stuck on your Mercedes Viano is associated with the engine that drives them, in fact, these engines can, with time, lose power, and sooner or later need to be changed. You should find out before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less basic, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked as a result of an object that prevents the blades from working, take a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will discover that your front wipers are going slower, verify quickly the trigger of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Mercedes Viano may not work as a result of a defective comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Mercedes Viano are blocked as a result of a power failure, so you will have to verify two parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Mercedes Viano stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Mercedes Viano , the roots of your complications are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated parts that can cause complications just on the rear windshield of your Mercedes Viano. So, make sure to execute similar inspections as discovered in the previous part of this content.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Mercedes Viano?
At last, to do this second part, we will see what solutions are available to you to be sure that the wipers on your Mercedes Viano are unlocked and that they work properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Mercedes Viano?
Whether it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be similar and we will detail them one after the other in this part, it is up to you to adapt them to the part that concerns you. If you have other blocking complications such as a fuel door stuck on Mercedes Viano, do not hesitate to consult our article on this issue.
- In this case, you will have to find the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (take care there must be several of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. At last, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Mercedes Viano
- In this situation, it will be quite very easy but expensive to change your commodo, the part generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Mercedes Viano wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to find the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the defective part
To get more tips on the Mercedes Viano, take a look at the Mercedes Viano category.