We will try again in this article to help you to fix the small problems associated with your motor vehicle. We have not too long ago seen how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, in this article we will concentrate on an annoying problem that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Land Rover Discovery Sport . And to correct this, we will first try to discover why the wipers on your Land Rover Discovery Sport remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Land Rover Discovery Sport stay stuck?
So we will start our article with the explanations of the stuck wipers of your Land Rover Discovery Sport . To begin with we will concentrate on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Land Rover Discovery Sport stuck in up or down position?
We will move through one by one the different problems that can trigger the front wipers of your Land Rover Discovery Sport to get stuck :
- One of the most general motives of front wipers getting stuck on your Land Rover Discovery Sport is associated with the engine that drives them, in fact, these engines can, with time, lose power, and ultimately need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less general, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked due to an object that prevents the blades from working, take a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will locate that your front wipers are going slower, check quickly the trigger of the problems or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Land Rover Discovery Sport may not work due to a defective comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is responsible for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Land Rover Discovery Sport are blocked due to a power failure, so you will have to check two auto parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Land Rover Discovery Sport stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Land Rover Discovery Sport , the origins of your problems are more or less the same. Nevertheless there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your motor vehicle, there are still some dedicated auto parts that can trigger problems just on the rear windshield of your Land Rover Discovery Sport. So, remember to execute the same checks as seen in the previous component of this article.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Land Rover Discovery Sport?
Finally, for this second part, we will see what solutions are available to you to make sure that the wipers on your Land Rover Discovery Sport are unlocked and that they work properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Land Rover Discovery Sport?
Whether it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be the same and we will detail them one by one in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking problems such as a fuel door stuck on Land Rover Discovery Sport, do not hesitate to consult our article on this problem.
- In this case, you will have to locate the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be cautious there must be some of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then remove the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Land Rover Discovery Sport
- In this scenario, it will be quite simple but expensive to replace your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will be able to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Land Rover Discovery Sport wiper blocked caused by a power failure: In this last scenario, you will have to locate the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the defective component
If you need more tutorials on the Land Rover Discovery Sport, go to our Land Rover Discovery Sport category.