We will try again in this article to help you to fix the small complications associated with your motor vehicle. We have recently seen how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, in this article we will look into an annoying issue that can be dangerous in bad climate conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Dodge Dart . And to correct this, we will first try to discover why the wipers on your Dodge Dart remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Dodge Dart stay stuck?
So we will begin our content with the explanations of the stuck wipers of your Dodge Dart . First of all we will look into the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Dodge Dart stuck in up or down position?
We will move through one by one the different complications that can trigger the front wipers of your Dodge Dart to get stuck :
- One of the most common motives of front wipers getting stuck on your Dodge Dart is associated with the engine that drives them, in fact, these engines can, with time, lose power, and eventually need to be changed. You should find out before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less common, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked due to an object that prevents the blades from functioning, examine up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will discover that your front wipers are going slower, check fairly quickly the cause of the problems or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Dodge Dart may not operate due to a defective comodo. To check this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are functioning, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last possibility, the front wipers of your Dodge Dart are blocked due to a power failure, so you will have to check two parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Dodge Dart stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Dodge Dart , the roots of your complications are more or less the same. Although there is only one wiper blade at the rear of your motor vehicle, there are still some dedicated parts that can trigger complications only on the rear windshield of your Dodge Dart. So, make sure to carry out the same inspections as seen in the previous part of this content.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Dodge Dart?
At last, to do this second part, we will see what solutions are available to you to make certain that the wipers on your Dodge Dart are unlocked and that they operate properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Dodge Dart?
If it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be the same and we will highlight them one after the other in this part, it is up to you to adapt them to the part that concerns you. If you have other blocking complications such as a fuel door stuck on Dodge Dart, do not think twice to consult our article on this issue.
- In such a case, you will have to identify the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be cautious there must be several of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. At last, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Dodge Dart
- In this situation, it will be quite basic but expensive to replace your commodo, the part generally costs around 200€, once tested you will be able to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Dodge Dart wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to identify the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the defective part
If you need more tutorials on the Dodge Dart, go to our Dodge Dart category.